Arrival – Transportation & Helpful Information
Joint Base Lewis-McChord locations…
Joint Base Lewis-McChord is divided into four parts:
- JBLM-Main (formerly Fort Lewis)
- JBLM-North (formerly the North Fort)
- JBLM-McChord Field (formerly McChord AFB)
- JBLM-YTC (formerly Yakima Training Center).
Housing Options / Relocation Guide…
2018 Relocation Guide Available here.
Driving Instructions to JBLM
JBLM-Main and JBLM-North – Use I-5 Exit 120 (for both JBLM-Main and JBLM-North). The Visitors Center is on the right. The JBLM-McChord Field Main Gate and Visitors Center issue temporary passes at the Visitors Center. It is located off I-5 from Exit 125 (Bridgeport). Use the left lane for access to the Visitors Center.
Certified Weigh Stations
Scale houses charge fees to weigh your vehicle and some will take payment in cash only. Before visiting a scale house, it would be wise to call them to confirm hours of operation and ask about fees.
North of JBLM:
- Pacific Pride
Location: 12605 Pacific Hwy SW
Lakewood, WA 98499
Tel: (800) 532-3835
Location: I-5 DuPont, WA 98327
Location: I-5 Federal Way, WA 98003
South of JBLM:
- Pilot Travel Center
Location: 2430 93rd Ave. SW
Olympia, WA 98512
Tel: (360) 754-0151
- Bus – Greyhound and Trailways buses stop at the Joint Base Lewis-McChord Bus Depot, building 2166 T. For Information, Tel: (253) 964-2511.
- JBLM Taxi Service – Joint Base Lewis-McChord Taxi Service TEL: (253) 582-3000.
- Shuttles – Joint Base Lewis-McChord Airport shuttle, operated by Bremerton-Kitsap Airporters Inc.
- Air Travel – Major Airline Carriers to include info about the “Air Mobility Command” (AMC).
There are 6 Gates to the JBLM installation.
You can find available information that includes:
- Visitor / Guest Passes
- Weapon & AIE Registration
- Vehicle Registration / License Plates / Driver’s License
- Driving Instructions
- Certified Weight Stations in nearby Counties
- Inbound Processing Info
- Temporary Lodging
- On Base Housing
ARMY – Soldiers
- Located at Waller Hall Welcome Center – Location: 5128 Pendleton Ave. Building #2140 Tacoma, WA 98433. Tel: (253) 966-5437 or Reception Tel: (253) 967-7004
- On Base Lodging: The Rainier Inn or The Evergreen Inn
- Off Base Housing Options near JBLM / 2018 JBLM BAH Table
USAF – Airman – McChord Field
- For active duty, the Customer Service Section is located in Bldg. 100, 100 Col Joe Jackson Blvd, Customer Service Mall For Air Force Reservists, the Customer Service Section is located in Bldg. 1214, 1214 Barnes Blvd.
24 Hour Arrival Point – Evergreen Inn, located at 1147 Barnes Blvd, McChord Field WA, Tel: (253) 982-5613.
- McChord Field Visitor Center I-5 Exit 125 (Bridgeport Way) Tel: (253) 982-2119
- JBLM Visitors Center-Main Gate (Vehicle Passes) 24/7 I-5 Exit 120, Tel: (253) 967-4794
Off Base Housing Options
If you are planning to live off base, there are many options available to you including: single family rental homes or apartments. If you are planning on purchasing a home, the housing section of this site has additional information.
Washington State Department of Licensing (360) 902-3900 in Olympia.
Vehicle registration / Washington State Department of Licensing (360) 902-3900 in Olympia
Vehicle/POV On Base Registration
Vehicle registration office on JBLM is: (253) 967-1914.
JBLM Information Operator
The JBLM Base Operator Tel: (253) 967-1110
Madigan Hospital Operator Tel: (253) 968-1110
Emergency Tel: 911
Note: All information provided is deemed helpful but is not guaranteed and should be independently verified.